Interchangeable lenses. Check.
Microphone input. Check.
Built in viewfinder. Check.
Mirrorless, small, lightweight. Check.
Wi-fi and Bluetooth. Check.
“Selfie” tiltable touchscreen monitor. Check.
On Sale. Check.
A couple of freebies. Well, okay. Check.
Sony’s Alpha Line Offers Affordable Pro-Style 4k Video Solution
I’m a big fan of the Sony E / Alpha line. They redefined high quality / small footprint in the last decade, and this upgrade to their 6000 line doesn’t skimp. It’s mirrorless, and uses the APS-C-format which accounts for the smaller size. Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic have also adopted this kind of format for their mirrorless lines.
This camera with a 16mm-50mm zoom usually goes for $849, so at $598 maybe thry have something new in the pipeline, but $250 savings can’t be ignored. I still use my trusty NEX-5T, which is the same format, but only offers HD, not 4K (and is last decade for sure).
Despite what it says above, I am not an affiliate for this offer, because only B&H has it in stock and I’m too small to be an affiliate for them. But go to this link to see what I’m talking about! A great way to get into 4K!
- World’s fastest AF at 0 02 sec W/ real-time AF & Object tracking
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
- 24 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ front end LSI and ISO up to 51 200
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting at 24 2MP RAW w/ AF/AE tracking
- Real-time AF Tracking Real-time Eye AF for human and animal
- Movie recording with mic and 180-degree tiltable 3” touchscreen LCD
- Touch Tracking provides smooth continuous focus tracking of your subject activated with a simple touch of the display screen
- In the box Lithium Battery (NP-FW50) AC Charger (AC-UUD12) USB cable Body cap Strap
- Display Size: 3″; EXPOSURE COMPENSATION: +/-5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- Viewfinder Type: Electronic Viewfinder